Task Geoscience provide a comprehensive core logging service. Core logging programmes can be adapted and designed to meet client needs and to target specific questions regarding the succession.
- Siliciclastic, carbonate, evaporitic and mixed environments.
- Logged on a range of scales, from high resolution at 1:25 to summary logs at 1:200.
- High-quality detailed digital graphical product.
- Core integrated with borehole images, core analysis data and open-hole logs.
- Logged at global locations.
- We have specialist sedimentologists with expertise in fluvial, mixed fluvial and aeolian, shallow-marine siliciclastic, deep-marine siliciclastic and carbonate environments.
- Sedimentological core logs can be integrated with other services, such as goniometry, structural logs and borehole image analysis.
Standard logged features
- Grain size and grain size trends.
- Visual assessment of clay content.
- Sedimentary structures – depositional structures and those caused by syn-sedimentary deformation.
- Granular components and bioclast abundances and types.
- Bed boundary types.
- Key candidate sequence stratigraphic surfaces.
- Macrodiagenetic features evident in core (nodules, doggers, cements).
- Faults, fractures, induced features and apparent dip.
- Bioturbation index and ichnofabrics.
- Hydrocarbon staining.
- Visible porosity estimates.
- Degree of cementation.
- Bed thicknesses.
- Core disking, core preservation and rubble zones.
- Details of core sample sites.
- Lithofacies types and facies associations.
- Key features and facies types photographed.
- Graphical log.
- Integration with core analysis results.
- Core images.
- Scanned external surface images
- Comparison to borehole images and open-hole logs.
- Facies and facies association analysis.
- Depositional environment inferred.
- Provision of training set for core to borehole image log calibration.
- Integration with goniometry data, results from borehole image analysis and biostratigraphical results.
- Integration with sediment dispersal data.
- Petrographcal analyses tied with the depositional environment.
- Summary core analysis statistics derived for each lithofacies type.
- Ichnofacies analysis.
- Bed thickness statistics.
- Prediction of bed geometries.
- Inter-well correlation.
- Integration with structural history.